Uncle Buck’s Prep Cook Job Description
Uncle Bucks is located at the gateway of the Fiserv Forums famous Deer District. We created an authentic rustic Northwoods meets a hip east coast theme, with featured prize Buck trophies from local hunters throughout Wisconsin. Offering a warm and cozy experience with upscale pub fare, with a funky, fun vibe where you can dine, drink and dance the evening away.
We are on the hunt for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out the trash, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- 2 - 3 years of food handling experience
- Understanding of ServSafe
- Ability to follow exact recipes
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- Good knife skills
- Self-driven focused with a team mindset and a desire to learn.
- Prep cooks will be cross-trained as line cooks so the cooking experience is a plus, but we are willing and happy to train.