Design Consultant (Interior or Architectural Design)
Join our Community today and take on project based on your availability!
Pass CET Designer 'Configura' training completion required
Works both independently and collaboratively as a contractor our clients with internal and external partners to develop creative interior space solutions to meet customer needs. Engages with customers at a high level to gather programmatic information, develop business relationships, and solve complex problems. Involved in design projects and related tasks from inception to final installation. If your interested in joining our network please apply now.
- Distill and synthesize project information.
- Engage with the customer to gather project information (surveys, interviews, data collection, observations) and to uncover customer challenges.
- Partner with Sales on engagements with customers/A&D.
- Assist with customer engagements and workshops.
- Attend industry events.
- Develop peer networks with other design professionals.
- Perform field measurements and inventory product.
- Conduct product research and contact vendors for pricing and information.
- Specify the furniture required per final furniture layouts and select furniture finishes.
- Produce and present design concepts to customers.
- Generate, organize and maintain CAD/CET files.
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specification, and installation drawings. Draw, revise and plot design drawings.
- Develop validation packages and spreadsheets.
- Assist with design proposals.
- Estimate budgetary hours and manage and monitor project hours.
- May perform peer audits for other designers.
- Serve as a mentor to other designers as determined by the level of experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior or Architectural Design, Associate Art’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college will be considered, with at least 1-year related design experience. Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred. Prior experience with system furniture products a plus.
- Requires the ability to be optimistic, independent, and forward thinking.
- Must be a creative problem solver with an ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Must believe in the ability of physical space to have a positive impact on the lives of others and possess an appreciation for Design Principles and Design Thinking Methodology.
- Proficiency in a variety of software: CET Designer, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office. , 20/20 CAP, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign desired.
- Ability to apply commercial furniture products and systems furnishings.
- Appreciation for Interior Design principles, to include: texture, color, form, function, materiality balance, rhythm, repetition, proximity, symmetry, biophilia, cognition, and perception.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be cooperative and accommodating, with the ability to work with and learn from others.
- Understanding ancillary furnishing and décor, as well as design thinking methodology.
- Ability to apply design practices as well as knowledge of building codes, regulations, ADA.
- Ability to provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients.
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, while taking ownership for project deliverables.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to provide solutions to client needs.
- Ability to draw/sketch by hand.
- Complex reading and writing skills.
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity,
- Judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension.
Over the phone, video calls and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.