Uncle Buck’s Host/Hostess Job Description
Uncle Bucks is located at the gateway of the Fiserv Forums famous Deer District. We created an authentic rustic Northwoods meets a hip east coast theme, with featured prize Buck trophies from local hunters throughout Wisconsin. Offering a warm and cozy experience with upscale pub fare, with a funky, fun vibe where you can dine, drink and dance the evening away.
We are a new restaurant and have an open role for a Host/Hostess. You will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- Knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- Experience preferred but not required.
- A hi-energy fast learner who loves working with people and loves to talk & smile!
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Must be able to multi-task, clean & stay organized.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.