Uncle Buck’s Barback/Food Runner Job Description
Uncle Bucks is located at the gateway of the Fiserv Forums famous Deer District. We created an authentic rustic Northwoods meets a hip east coast theme, with featured prize Buck trophies from local hunters throughout Wisconsin. Offering a warm and cozy experience with upscale pub fare, with a funky, fun vibe where you can dine, drink and dance the evening away.
We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment.
To be a successful Bar Back, you should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills.
Bar Back Responsibilities:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring the bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
Bar Back Requirements:
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Candidates must be well-groomed, have a positive attitude and be eager to learn and excel!
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 25-50lbs regularly.