Designer (Interior or Architectural)
Join our Community today and take on project based on your availability!
Pass CET Designer 'Configura' training completed required
Works both independently and collaboratively as a contractor with our clients internal and external partners to develop creative interior space solutions to meet customer needs. Includes engaging with customers to gather project information (surveys, interviews, data collection, observations), perform field verifications, space planning, furniture and material selections, product specification, and quality assurance. Involved in design projects and related tasks from inception to final installation.
- Distill project information.
- Engage with the customer to gather project information (surveys, interviews, data collection, observations) and to uncover customer challenges.
- Perform field measurements and inventory product.
- Conduct product research and contact vendors for pricing and information.
- Specify the furniture required per final furniture layouts and select furniture finishes.
- Produce and present design concepts to customers.
- Generate, organize and maintain CAD/CET files.
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specification, and installation drawings. Draw, revise and plot design drawings.
- Develop validation packages and spreadsheets.
- Assist with design proposals.
- Estimate budgetary hours and manage and monitor project hours.
- May perform peer audits for other designers.
- Serve as a mentor to other designers as determined by the level of experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior or Architectural Design, Associate Art’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college will be considered, with at least 1-year related design experience. Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred. Prior experience with system furniture products a plus.
- Requires the ability to be optimistic, collaborative, enthusiastic and think creatively
- Must believe in the ability of physical space to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
- Proficiency in a variety of software: CET Designer, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office. , 20/20 CAP, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign desired.
- Ability to apply commercial furniture products and systems furnishings.
- Appreciation for Interior Design principles, to include: texture, color, form, function, materiality balance, rhythm, repetition, proximity, symmetry, biophilia, cognition, and perception.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be cooperative and accommodating, with the ability to work with and learn from others.
- Understanding ancillary furnishing and décor, as well as design thinking methodology.
- Ability to apply design practices as well as knowledge of building codes, regulations, ADA.
- Ability to provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients.
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, while taking ownership for project deliverables.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to provide solutions to client needs.
- Ability to draw/sketch by hand.
- Complex reading and writing skills.
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity.
- Judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
Over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.